Solstice Artist Kenny Galindo will be displaying the Solar System – with each planet scaled down in size and spinning at an accurate speed. Each planet will be distanced from each other according to a scaled down version of our solar system. You might even find the artist Kenny, or members of the SBCC Astronomy Club hanging out by a planet to explain to you all the wonders each planet has to offer.
Find each of the planets at the locations listed below on
June 11th-12th, 18th-19th, & 25th-26th (Fridays & Saturdays) – from 12:00 – 4:00 PM with a guided tour from the artist Kenny starting 1:45pm at the Sun!
- The Sun: end of Stearns Wharf
- Mercury: near Shellfish Company (Stearns Wharf)
- Venus: Moby Dick (Stearns Wharf)
- Earth: in front of Mother Stearns Candy (Stearns Wharf)
- Mars: near Longboards (Stearns Wharf)
- Jupiter: Rusty’s (111 State St, Santa Barbara)
- Saturn: Patxi’s Pizza (515 State St, Santa Barbara)
- Uranus: Trinity Episcopal Church (1500 State St, Santa Barbara)
- Neptune: corner of Quinto St. & State St
- Pluto: Via Maestra 42 (3343 State St, Santa Barbara)